Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Amusing Story, and then Part II of my Age Trilogy

Nick and I took a trip to San Diego to visit his grandmother for Christmas this year. Nick's mom was kind enough to purchase our tickets, knowing we were poor students with some time to kill.

While we were there I had the opportunity to meet some of Nick's mom's highschool friends. One friend in particular she was really excited to see, as it had been many many years since their last reunion. I asked her to describe her friend. She reflected for a moment and said, "She is like the finest leather handbag."

I realized quickly after meeting this person, that she couldn't have been described better on more than one level. She the type of person that you appreciate and never want to part with. She also happens to have the skin of a fine leather handbag. Years of salt water and sun from surfing on the most beautiful beaches have left her looking about 20 years older than Nick's mom.

Segue to ME.

I'm turning 30 in just under 2 months! July 24, to be exact. I have needs! Age related needs, if you will. I have recently come to the realization that everything I desire for my birthday is directly related to skin care. I blame it on my girlfriend who is an Aesthetician. (I need a new camera lens too, but let's FOCUS**, People!)

1. Skin Ceuticals Gentle Cleanser
2. Phytomer Rosee Visage Toner
3. Phytomer Purifying Serum
4. Phytomer Instant Moisture Cream
5. Skin Ceuticals Daily Sun Defense
6. MD Forte Hydra Mask
7. Skin Ceuticals Eye Renewal Gel

So, there it is. You know what to do. I left links out because I don't know the cheapest place to find these products - I trust your Google skills.

**Pun TOTALLY unintentional...didn't even realize it was there until I went back to re-read my post!

No comments: