Monday, May 03, 2010

What I've Been Doing

So, it's been a little crazy. Crazy *exciting*, that is! I have a job! At a real live bakery! Well, almost. First the bakery has to open. That's right, I'm helping open a bakery!

I count my lucky stars that I stayed in touch with someone who graduated from my program last summer. She and I have become good friends since, and I was the first person she thought of when she and her boss decided to expand from selling pretzels at farmers' markets to opening a retail space.

Queue: Heavenly Pastry and Cake

It has been a fun process, and more work than I ever could have imagined. We took over an old newspaper office, so much needed to be done to fit into the owner's vision. Walls were taken down, new walls put in, plumbing installed, painting, drywall...you name it! We're done with all the painting, and currently the space is being taken over by contractors of every kind imaginable. Once all the "dusty" work is done we can get to work finishing the tables and chairs!

Open date is slated for May 15th - confirmation and more info to come!

No comments: