Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Old friends

Sorry I haven't posted in so long; I'm having trouble accessing my blog. When I go to my blog page, I just get a nice big pink screen with no text. I just figured out that I can access my posting page by going through someone else's blog, so all is not lost - yet.

Sunday Matt and I went out for the day. Had a lovely lunch at Julia's on Capitol Hill, and then on to B&O Espresso for sour cream lemon pie - the best dessert on the hill. As we were walking out of B&O, I ran into Tasia.

Tasia was my neighbor 5 years ago, and we grew quite close. At the time, I worked the graveyard shift at work, and I would get home right about the time she was getting up for the day. She would invite me over for tea and "breakfast", which was bedtime tea for me, and earl grey for her, plus softboiled eggs for both of us. She even had cute little egg cups! Of course, you can't live in the same apartment for your entire life, so we both eventually moved away, and I haven't seen her since. I think about her all the time and wonder how she's doing, but I haven't had her number, so there was no way to check up on her.

It was such a pleasant surprise to see Tasia on Sunday - she's one of the few truly good people in the world, and I can't wait to hang out with her!

No comments: