Saturday, January 22, 2005

Personal bubble

Yesterday evening when I boarded the bus I noticed that there was a woman occupying two of the front seats; She had put her bag on one seat, and had her legs propped up in such a way as to block anyone from sitting next to her. There were plenty of other empty seats on the bus, but I really felt like being a pain in the ass, so I stood next to her and made her move her stuff so I could sit down. Of course, it wasn't easy for her to move her bag - she had to fumble a lot in order to make me aware of just how difficult I was making her life, as well as the 4 people who were standing behind me, waiting for an opportunity to pass. As I sat down I thought, "Welcome to rush hour, Honey."

My poor attitude is precisely the reason I should never drive a car.

No comments: