Friday, August 01, 2008

Because I Don't Have Nearly Enough On My Plate Right Now...

I'm hosting a baby shower for a good friend next month, and I'm having a really good time planning things out. I've never hosted any type of shower before, so I'm becoming really good at stealing other people's ideas!

My friend Rachel is hosting a baby shower this weekend, and she has a pretty good idea for a game. She asked the two grandmas-to-be about any quirky habits or situations from their respective children. At the party, she is going to present these items as possible things that the baby will do, and all of the guests have to guess which parent the trait will come from. I'm not really into cheesy games, and I don't think I can pretend otherwise, so this is a pretty perfect game for me to incorporate.

I'm also stealing an idea from a wedding that I went to earlier this summer. Instead of a guest book, everyone signed a square of fabric, which the bride is having made into a quilt. I figure with a group of 20 or so at the baby shower, it will be the perfect amount for a small quilt. Now, I don't have a sewing machine, so I'm going to stitch it by hand. Keeping in mind, I've never actually made a quilt before, but from what I've found online, it seems pretty straight-forward. I can hem my own pants, so how hard could it be? Famous last words? Possibly.

I'm getting pretty excited about all of the cool fabric I could get for it, and really personalize it. I'm thinking I might need to incorporate some big white and blue buttons as well...

So, any thoughts or ideas? I could use a little direction on the quilting thing...as well as any good shower ideas!

No comments: