Sunday, June 08, 2008

Post Post Post Post Post

Alright....I know I've been so so so so horrible about updating my website. Well, not recently...it seems that I have a tendency to post for a few days in a row, and then nothing for like, a MONTH. Ridiculous, right? SO....I think I'm going to follow in my mother's footsteps, and post regularly! I figure the best way to accomplish this is to give myself a reason to post, and that would be...dun dun dun...The Weekend Recap! See, this would not only give me a reason to post regularly, but would also keep you, my Faithful Reader, in the loop! It seems that I actually do quite a bit every weekend, but unless you are someone I email with regularly, you don't get to hear the stories or see the pictures. A prime example would be the awesome backpacking trip that Nick and I took last weekend!

Here's an excerpt of an email I sent to Mom:
Had a great weekend! Nick and I went backpacking with a group of friends. We went to this place called Ross Lake, which is commonly referred to as The Alps of The U.S., so as I'm sure you can imagine, it was pretty amazing! We hiked 7 miles in, then camped over night, then 7 miles back out. The area that we camped can only be accessed by foot or boat, so it was pretty remote, and there weren't very many people around. I'm pretty sore today, but it's SO worth it to be able to tell people that I hiked 14 miles with 30 pounds of gear on my back! I was the only girl in the group who carried my own stuff! Hard Core!!! ;>













No comments: