Friday, October 24, 2008

Recently....

1. "What do you have planned this weekend?"

"I'm making cheesecakes for a wedding. The rest of the year is going to be pretty crazy for my baking business!"

"Hm. About that. I don't think you should be broadcasting side endeavors at the office. This is your full time job, and that's all you should be talking about while you are here."

Verdict: Work is stifling, to say the least.


2. "I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm on the bus with 25 pounds of cream cheese. Thank you Baby Jesus for sturdy canvas shopping bags!"

"Wait. 25 pounds of cream cheese??"

"Yeah. I ran out and I have to finish these 100 cheesecakes so they can be picked up tomorrow. Is it too early to drink wine???"

"I'd say it's the perfect time to open a bottle of wine! Hang on. My mom wants the phone."

"Hi Kim, how are you? Ummm...HOW MUCH CREAM CHEESE????"

Verdict: I work too hard for my money.

1 comment:

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Re #1, I can't help thinking the response from the original speaker would make their initial question innapropriate? IE: If the only subject to be discussed at work, is work, then a question regarding weekend plans wouldn't be allowed, unless of course they expect everyone to be living and breathing nothing but work related items 24/7... ?