Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Where's that damn rock when I need it???

Y'know when you meet new friends, and you really enjoy hanging out with them? Y'know how you usually try to be nice, so they'll like you back, and want to continue hanging out with you?

If you read those last two sentences, you might be led to believe that I understand this process.

The other day I was hanging out with a newly acquired friend, and he was telling me a story about a recent grocery shopping trip. Apparently he was having a hard time finding the corn, and finally had to ask for help. When the clerk took him to the corn, he realized that the reason he couldn't find it was that he was looking for the color yellow. When he told me that last part, I reacted without thinking, "You're such a moron!" Luckily my new friend has a good sense of humor about the whole thing. Otherwise, I'm sure I could have found a way to roll my tongue up into my mouth, and pull my lower lip over my head.

No comments: