Friday, March 28, 2008

Estrogen Fest - 2008!

Tomorrow I'm hosting a girls-only brunch at my place. I have about 20 ladies showing up, which is a bit more than I had originally planned on fitting into my apartment, but it should be a good time. The unfortunate side effect of having so many girlfriends is you have to figure out how to sort them out so that there aren't too many invitees. I skipped that part and just invited everyone, figuring it would work itself out in the end. I still think it will work out, in the form of my sitting in someone's lap! Get cozy, Girls!

The main theme of this gathering is Mimosas, of course. I'm providing coffee and oj, and everyone has been instructed to bring a bottle of champagne. I'm also providing all the FOOD. Here's a run-down of the menu:

Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Roasted Tomatoes
Italian Risotto Frittata
Prosciutto Goat Cheese Strata
Corn and Bacon Pie
Farm Eggs with Watercress Parsley Sauce

I'm also serving those little "cocktail" croissants with a few different jams and lemon curd. Lemon curd that I MADE FROM SCRATCH. Yessss.

I made these really cute little cards with the name of each item, and bought some silver place card holder things to put them in. I had so much fun shopping for all of my groceries last night, and tonight I'm going to have a grand time with all the prepping and chopping. Tomorrow morning? Tomorrow morning I'm going to happily get out of bed at 745am to start all the baking, cooking and table setting. And the napkins! I'll need to press the cloth napkins, of course.

Yes, I like to play the part of Hostess, alright? It plays into my obsessive need to display things nicely in a way that doesn't turn people off.

No comments: