Sunday, March 30, 2008

Friends With Benefits

Please disregard the second paragraph of my previous post. One of my girlfriends surprised me with a gift which is so much cooler than the original print that I wanted. Not only did she paint it herself, but her use of colors is amazing! Now you see why I have such a hard time not inviting everyone over at once - I have some really great friends!

Brunch went really well...It was crazy having so many hens in my coop at once, but everyone had a lovely time! The food and company were fantastic, and all the hard work was well worth it. Can't wait to do it again sometime!

2 comments:

Boondock Ma (Kim's Mom) said...

Wow! That's talent! Very cool that she did it for you.

Glad you had a good time yesterday. We were chuckling, wondering what Nick's reaction was. We're guessing he was highly amused at the idea of all those women packed into your place ;-)
Did he enjoy a boys day out during the festivities?

Kim said...

Yeah, I was really happy with my gift. I'm planning a thank you gift that involves a molded chocolate creation...should be a nice touch.

Nick does pretty well in traumatic situations! ;> He was great about running to the store for me on Saturday morning, when I ran out of green onions and my head was about to start spinning...

He did spend time with one of his boys yesterday; said boy's girlfriend came over for the day, so it all worked out just fine. As Nick was escaping the apartment, he commented, "wow Kim, you did a really great job with all this - it looks awesome." He can stick around if he'd like!